Catalogue Entry: MINT00817

Report of the demolition by the Ordnance Office of the smith's house at the Mint

Author: Thomas Fowle

Source: MINT 19/3/415, National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, UK

[Normalized Text] [Diplomatic Text]


So far as Fowle is aware, having worked in the Mint for nearly 27 years, the house of the smith to the Mint always belonged to the Mint, even though the smith to the Ordnance sometimes worked there.

Calendared in NC, 7: 409 (no. X.610.2).

[1] Aprill 27 1699.

© 2024 The Newton Project

Professor Rob Iliffe
Director, AHRC Newton Papers Project

Scott Mandelbrote,
Fellow & Perne librarian, Peterhouse, Cambridge

Faculty of History, George Street, Oxford, OX1 2RL -

Privacy Statement

  • University of Oxford
  • Arts and Humanities Research Council
  • JISC